- The renovation of a 100 years old historical library building to accommodate the new technology for libraries in the new century.
- The building is located in a difficult & congested site of Cairo City Center, surrounded by mixed use old buildings, with the Museum of Islamic Art occupying the ground, street level floor & garden area.
- Renovation & development works include introduction of:
(1) a new floating freeform steel structure floor supported on the bearing walls of the old building as a mean to increase the spaces of the floor area to accommodate new and modified functions of the oldest national library building in Egypt.
(2) a new basement to be constructed under the existing museum garden area. The construction of the basement in this particularly sensitive site forms a challenge to the contractor and project manager alike.
The Library Building Of Dar ElKottob Almasriah Development
EPM's CONTRIBUTIONS & SERVICES:
Project Management Services To Include:-
- Design management & Design Review.
- Tendering and Contractor Appointment.
- Planning, Scheduling and Progress Control
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting.
- Contract Administration and Control.
- Sub-Contractor & Supplier Management.
- Quantity Surveying and Invoice Revision.
- Budget Control and Cash Flow Management.
- Variations and Change order management.